Tufts dating site
Tufts dating site
Tufts accepted 14% of undergraduate applicants to the Class of 2020 from a pool of 20,223.
Two years later Alexander Graham Bell would receive the patent.
During the Civil War the college actively supported the Union cause. Stearns which stood on part of the campus was a station on the Underground Railroad.
In addition to having the largest classes spring up, 63 graduates served in the Union army.
Metcalf Hall opened in 1893 and served as the dormitory for women. In 1893 the Medical School opened and in 1899 the Boston Dental College was integrated into the university.
At the same meeting, the trustees voted to create a graduate school faculty and to offer the Ph. In 1890, the Department of Electrical Engineering was created, and in 1892 - 1893 the course of three-year program in civil engineering was extended to four years.
The School of the Museum of Fine Arts offers art programs affiliated with a major museum, the Museum of Fine Arts.
Tufts is a charter member of and athletically competes in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC).
His student at the college, Frederick Stark Pearson would eventually become one of America's pioneers of the electrical power industry.
He became responsible for the development of the electric power and electric street car systems which many cities in South America and Europe used. Babcock who developed the first practical test to determine the amount of butterfat in milk.
S., and John Sterling Kingsley who was one of the first scholars of comparative anatomy. The building stood until April 14, 1975, when fire gutted Barnum Hall, destroying the entire collection.
On July 15, 1892, the Tufts Board of Trustees voted "that the College be opened to women in the undergraduate departments on the same terms and conditions as men".
The first course of a three-year program leading to a degree in civil engineering was established in 1865, the same year MIT was founded.